Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Women and Birth
- The nature of labor pain.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 186: S16-S24
- Great expectations: a prospective study of women's expecations and experiences of childbirth.2nd ed. Books for Midwives Press, Cheshire1998
- Women's experience of pain in childbirth.Midwifery. 1998; 14: 105-110
- Natural childbirth the Bradley way.Plume, New York1996
- Severity of labour pain: influence of physical as well as psychologic variables.Can Med Assoc J. 1984; 130: 579-584
- The nature and management of labor pain: executive summary.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 186: S1-S15
- Labor pain management in the United States: understanding patterns and the issue of choice.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 186: S173-S180
- The role of pain in normal birth and the empowerment of women.in: Downe S. Normal childbirth: evidence and debate. 2nd ed. Churchill Livingston, China2008: 29-46
- Important components of antenatal care: midwives’ and obstetricians views.Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 1996; 36: 411-416
- Controversies in maternity care: where do physicians, nurses, and midwives stand?.Birth. 1994; 21: 63-70
- Do maternity care provider groups have different attitudes towards birth?.BJOG. 2004; 111: 1388-1393
- Could a randomised trial answer the controversy relating to elective caesarean section? National survey of consultant obstetricians and heads of midwifery.BMJ. 2005; 331: 490-491
- Vaginal delivery compared with elective caesarean section: the views of pregnant women and clinicians.BJOG. 2008; 115: 1494-1502
- Greater expectations? The inter-relationship between women's expectations and experiences of decision making, continuity, choice and control in labour, and psychological outcomes. Summary report.University of Leeds, Mother and Infant Research Unit, Leeds2003
- Listening to mothers II: report of the second national US survey of womens childbearing experiences.Childbirth Connection, New York2006
- The impact of intrapartum analgesia on labour and delivery outcomes in nulliparous women.Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2002; 42: 65-72
- Nulliparas’ preferences for epidural analgesia: their effects on actual use in labor.Birth. 1999; 26: 139-143
- Discount functions and the measurement of patients’ values. Women's decisions during childbirth.Med Decis Making. 1984; 4: 47-58
Royal Australian New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. Locate an obstetrician/gynaecologist. Available at: http://www.ranzcog.edu.au/find/index.shtml [accessed 11.05.09].
- The basics of social research.5th ed. Wadsworth, Belmont2011
Green JM, Baston HA, Easton S, McCormick F. ANQ 2. Unpublished questionnaire. Greater expectations? 2000.
- Surveys in social research.5th ed. Allen & Unwin, Crows Nest2002
- Pregnancy outcome in South Australia 2007.Government of South Australia, Adelaide2008
Madden K. Establishing caseload midwifery within midwifery group practices in Tasmania. Presented at the 16th national conference of the Australian College of Midwives, Adelaide, SA; 2009.
- Maternal satisfaction with childbirth and intrapartum analgesia in nulliparous labour.Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2003; 43: 463-468
- Continuous support for women during childbirth.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2011; : CD003766
- Hypnosis for pain relief in labour and childbirth: a systematic review.Br J Anaesth. 2004; 93: 505-511
- Hypnosis Antenatal Training for Childbirth (HATCh): a randomised controlled trial.BMC Preg Childbirth. 2006; : 6
- Discovering statistics using SPSS: and sex and drugs and rock ‘n’ roll.3rd ed. Sage, London2009 (p. 539–85)
- Census of population and housing: state/territory, age 5 year age groups by sex male/female and non-school qualification: level of education.Commonwealth of Australia, 2006
- Census of population and housing: state/territory, age 5 year age groups and government/non-government employer indicator by occupation 06 and industry of employment.Commonwealth of Australia, 2006
- Medical labour force 2006: detailed tables, specialists and specialists-in-training. National health labour force series.AIHW, Canberra2008
- Women's antenatal knowledge and plans regarding intrapartum pain management at the Royal Hospital for Women.Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2004; 44: 314-317
- Parenteral opioids for labor pain relief: a systematic review.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 186: S94-S109
- Parenteral opioids for maternal pain relief in labour (review protocol).Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2008; : CD007396
- Bathing eases labour.Sunday Herald Sun, October 2010