Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Women and Birth
- Homebirth, freebirth and doulas: casualty and consequences of a broken maternity system.Women Birth. 2011; 24: 47-50
- Home birth: gone away, gone astray, and here to stay.Birth. 2010; 37: 341-346
- Improving maternity services in Australia: report of the maternity services review.Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing, 2009
- Planned homebirths in South Australia 1976–1987.Med J Aust. 1990; 153: 664-671
- Perinatal death associated with planned home birth in Australia: population based study.BMJ. 1998; 317: 384-388
- Planned home and hospital births in South Australia, 1991–2006: differences in outcomes.MJA. 2009; 192
- A matched cohort study of planned home and hospital births in Western Australia 1981–1987.Midwifery. 1994; 10: 125-135
- Outcomes of 11,788 planned home births attended by certified nurse-midwives. A retrospective descriptive study.J Nurse Midwifery. 1995; 40: 483-492
- Birth at home.Pract Midwife. 1999; 2
- Outcome of planned home and planned hospital births in low risk pregnancies: prospective study in midwifery practices in the Netherlands.BMJ. 1996; 313: 1309-1313
- Home birth in New Zealand 1973–93: incidence and mortality.N Z Med J. 1997; 110: 87-89
- Outcomes of planned home birth with registered midwife versus planned hospital birth with midwife or physician.CMAJ. 2009; 181: 377-383
- Why women do not accept randomisation for place of birth: feasibility of a RCT in the Netherlands.BJOG: Int J Obstet Gynaecol. 2009; 116: 537-544
- Should there be a trial of home versus hospital delivery in the United Kingdom?.BMJ. 1996; 312: 753-757
- Maternal and newborn outcomes in planned home birth vs planned hospital births: a metaanalysis.Am J Obstet Gynecol Surv. 2010; 203: e1-e8
Simkins G. RE: Maternal and newborn outcomes in planned home birth vs. planned hospital births: a meta-analysis; 2010. Available from: http://manaorg/pdfs/MANA-Response-AJOG-Article-7-6-2010.pdf.
Michal C, Janssen P, Vedam S, Hutton E, Jonge A. Planned home vs hospital birth: a meta-analysis gone wrong. Medscape Ob/Gyn & Women's Health; 2011. http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/739987_2.
- Evidence from US suggests that trials will not alter obstetric behaviour.BMJ. 1996; 312: 753-757
- Basics of qualitative research: techniques and procedures for developing grounded theory.Sage, Newbury Park, CA1990
- Policy for planned birth at home in South Australia.Government of South Australia, Adelaide2007
- Planned home birth in Australia: politics or science?.MJA. 2010; 192: 60-61
- Birth centers economy, safety and empowerment.J Nurse Midwifery. 1995; 40: 371-375
- The cost-effectiveness of home birth.J Nurse Midwifery. 1999; 44: 30-35
- An economic evaluation of home births.in: Chamberlain G. Wraight A. Crowley P. Home births: the report of the 1994 confidential enquiry by the National Birthday Trust Fund. Parthenon, London, UK1997: 191-211
- Risk determinants of perinatal mortality in a Swedish County, 1980–1984.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 1990; 69: 575-579
- Birth centre midwifery down under.in: Kirkham M. Birth centres a social model for maternity care. Elsevier, London2003: 209-222