Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Women and Birth
- Bachelor of Midwifery: reflections on the first 5 years from two Victorian universities.Women & Birth. 2007; 20: 81-84
Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Nursing and midwifery labour force 2007. National health labour force series no. 43, Cat. no. HWL 44. Canberra: AIHW; 2009.
- Werna Naloo – ‘We Us Together’: the birth of a midwifery education consortium.Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2003; 41: 179-186
- Responding to a rural health workforce shortfall: double degree preparation of the nurse midwife.Journal of Rural Health. 2010; 18: 210-211
- Learning and working: the occupational socialization of nurses.Tavistock, London1987
- Practice education learning environments: the mismatch between perceived and preferred expectations of undergraduate health science students.Nurse Education Today. 2011; 31: e22-e28
- An exploration of the clinical experience of nursing students in nine European countries.Nurse Education Today. 2010; 30: 809-815
- Nursing students’ perceptions of learning in practice environments: a review.Nurse Education Today. 2012; 32: 299-302
- Student nurses’ construction of occupational socialisation.Sociology of Health and Illness. 1984; 6: 132-151
- Student perceptions of support in practice.Nurse Education in Practice. 2011; 11: 351-355
- “I was actually a nurse”: the meaning of professionalism for baccalaureate nursing students.Journal of Nursing Education. 2003; 42: 77-82
- The Ascent to Competence conceptual framework: an outcome of a study of belongingness.Journal of Clinical Nursing. 2009; 18: 2870-2879
- ‘Don’t rock the boat’: nursing students’ experiences of conformity and compliance.Nurse Education Today. 2009; 29: 342-349
- The duration of clinical placements: a key influence on nursing students’ experience of belongingness.Australian Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2008; 26: 8-16
- An exploration of the clinical learning experience of nursing students in nine European countries.Nurse Education Today. 2010; 30: 809-815
- Staff-student relationships and their impact on nursing students’ belongingness and learning.Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2009; 65: 316-324
- “There are guiding hands and there are controlling hands”: student midwives experience of mentorship in the UK.Midwifery. 2011; 27: 477-483
- Bachelor of Midwifery students’ experiences of achieving competencies: the role of the midwife preceptor.Midwifery. 2008; 24: 480-489
- Optimising the follow-through experience for midwifery learning.in: Billett S. Henderson A. Developing learning professionals integrating experiences in university and practice settings. Springer, New York2011
- The development of national competency standards for the midwife in Australia.Midwifery Midwifery. 2007; 23: 350-360
- The development of National ACMI standards for the accreditation of three-year Bachelor of Midwifery programs.Australian Midwifery. 2003; 16: 25-30
- Clinical placements and nursing students’ career planning: a qualitative exploration.International Journal of Nursing Practice. 2010; 16: 176-182
- Educational innovations. Consistent clinical assignment for nursing students compared to multiple placements.Journal of Nursing Education. 2002; 41: 80-82
- Journeying through clinical placements – an examination of six student cases.Nurse Education Today. 2009; 29: 630-634
ANMC. National Competency Standards for the Midwife. Canberra: Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council; 2006 [cited 2007 January 18]; Available from: www.midwives.org.au/Documents/Competency_standards_for_the_Midwife.pdf.
- ‘Knowing your place’: student midwives’ views of relationships in midwifery in Ireland.Midwifery. 2001; 17: 222-233
- Belongingness: a prerequisite for nursing students’ clinical learning.Nurse Education in Practice. 2008; 8: 103-111
- Nursing students’ perceptions of learning in the clinical setting of the Dedicated Education Unit.Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2007; 58: 171-179