Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Women and Birth
- Opt in or opt out: what is optimal for prenatal screening for HIV infection?.Canadian Medical Association Journal. 2003; 168: 707-708
- Opt-out prenatal HIV testing in Newfoundland and Labrador.JAMC. 2002; 167: 630
- HIV testing.What mothers say: the Canadian Maternal Experience Survey. 2009 (Available at:)
- Prenatal HIV testing: women's experiences of informed consent in Toronto, Ontario.Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Canada. 2008; 20: 17-22
- HIV screening in pregnancy.Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Canada. 2006; 185: 1103-1107
- Prenatal HIV screening test-resolution GC02-47.2002 (Available at:)
- Controversy in mandatory HIV screening of pregnant women.Current Opinion in Infectious Diseases. 1997; 10: 18-21
- Mandatory testing in pregnancy: is there ever a time?.Developing World Bioethics. 2008; 8: 1-10
- Position statement: testing for HIV infection in pregnancy.Paediatrics & Child Health. 2008; 13: 221-224
- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights.1948 (Available at:)
The Constitution Act. Being schedule B to the Canada Act 1982 (UK); 1982, c 11, at s. 7.
- HIV testing and pregnancy: medical and legal parameters of the policy debate.Canadian HIV/AIDS Legal Network, ON1999
- Prevalence of HIV infection among pregnant women in Newfoundland.Canadian Medical Association Journal. 1996; 154: 1027-1032
- Perinatal transmission of HIV. HIV/AIDS Epi-updates.Public Health Agency of Canada, Ottawa2007
Public Health Agency of Canada. Surveillance report to December 31, 2009. Available at: http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/aids-sida/publication/survreport/2009/dec/pdf/2009-Report-Rapport.pdf.
- HIV testing during pregnancy: a literature and policy review.2008 (Available at:)http://www.soros.org/initiatives/health/focus/law/articles_publications/publications/hiv-testing-20100517
- HIV testing, human rights, and global AIDS policy: exceptionalism and its discontents.Journal of Public Health, Policy, and Law. 2009; 34: 301-323
- Pregnant women living with HIV/AIDS: protecting human rights in programs to prevent mother-to-child transmission of HIV.2005 (Available at:)
- HIV testing of pregnant women-what is needed to protect positive women's needs and rights?.Sexual Health. 2005; 2: 143-151
- HIV testing of pregnant women.1998 (Available at:)http://www.cdnaids.ca/web/setup.nsf/(ActiveFiles)/PS_HIV_Testing_of_Pregnant_Women/$file/HIV_Testing_of_Pregnant_Women_En_Red.pdf
- Vectors, vessels, and victims: HIV and women's human rights in Canada.Canadian HIV/AIDS Legal Network, Toronto, ON2005
- Whatever happened to qualitative description?.Research in Nursing and Health. 2000; 23: 334-340
Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Perinatal Program. Available at: http://www.nlppp.ca/.
Medical Research Council of Canada. Natural Sciences and Engineering Council of Canada & Social Sciences and Humanities Council of Canada. Tri-council policy statement: Ethical conduct for research involving humans. Available at: http://www.bcmhas.ca/NR/rdonlyres/6308CA1E-8F24-41D9-BDF7-A33BD6571DE8/24000/EthicalConductforResearch.pdf.
- Prevention and protection: enhancing both HIV testing and human rights in Canada.Canadian HIV/AIDS Legal Network, Toronto, ON2007
- Patient-centeredness: a conceptual framework and review of the empirical framework.Social Science and Medicine. 2000; 51: 1087-1110
- HIV and women: Incongruent policies, criminal consequences.Yale Journal of International Affairs. 2011; Winter: 32-42
- What do we mean by partnerships in making decisions about treatment?.British Medical Journal. 1999; 319: 780-782