Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Women and Birth
- Helping women but hurting ourselves? Neck and upper back musculoskeletal symptoms in a cohort of Australian midwives.Midwifery. 2012; (10.1016/j.midw.2012.02.003)
- Musculoskeletal problems of the neck, shoulder, and back and functional consequences in nurses.American Journal of Industrial Medicine. 2002; 41: 170-178
- Association between perceived demands and musculoskeletal disorders among hospital nurses of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences: a questionnaire survey.The International Journal of Occupational Safety and Ergonomics. 2006; 12: 409-416
Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Health system expenditure on disease and injury in Australia, 2004–05. Health and welfare expenditure series. Canberra: AIHW, 2010. Report No.: HSE 87. Available at: http://www.aihw.gov.au/ [accessed 16.1.12].
- When healthcare workers get sick: exploring sickness absenteeism in British Columbia Canada.Work (Reading, Mass). 2010; 35: 117-123
Australian Health Workforce Advisory Committee. The midwifery workforce in Australia. Sydney, 2002. Available at: http://www.ahwo.gov.au/publications.asp [accessed 4.7.10].
- The strengthening the reporting of observational studies in epidemiology (STROBE) statement: guidelines for reporting observational studies.Journal of Clinical Epidemiology. 2008; 61: 344-349
- Cohort profile: the Nurses and Midwives e-Cohort study – a novel electronic longitudinal study.International Journal of Epidemiology. 2008; 38: 53-60
- Work-life balance and health: the Nurses and Midwives e-Cohort study.International Nursing Review. 2011; 58: 28-36
- Standardised Nordic questionnaires for the analysis of musculoskeletal symptoms.Applied Ergonomics. 1987; 18: 233-237
- The burden and determinants of neck pain in workers: results of the Bone and Joint Decade 2000–2010 Task Force on Neck Pain and Its Associated Disorders.Spine. 2008; 33: S60-S74
StataCorp. Stata/IC, version 11.2. College Station, TX: StataCorp; 2010.
- Perioperating nurses and technicians’ perceptions of ergonomic risk factors in the surgical environment.Applied Ergonomics. 2009; 40: 833-839
- Strenuous working conditions and musculo-skeletal disorders among female hospital workers.International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health. 1990; 62: 47-57
- A comparative analysis on musculoskeletal disorders between Greek and Dutch nursing personnel.International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health. 2006; 79: 82-88
- Work-related musculoskeletal symptoms in surgeons.Journal of Occupational Rehabilitation. 2009; 19: 175-184
- Sick but yet at work. An empirical study of sickness presenteeism.Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health. 2000; 54: 502-509
- Chronic pain and reduced work effectiveness: the hidden cost to Australian employers.European Journal of Pain. 2006; 10: 161-166
- Effort-reward imbalance is associated with the frequency of sickness absence among female hospital nurses: a cross-sectional study.International Journal of Nursing Studies. 2010; 47: 569-576
- Effort-reward imbalance and depressive state in nurses.Occupational Medicine (London). 2010; 60: 231-233
- Fear of movement, passive coping, manual handling, and severe or radiating pain increase the likelihood of sick leave due to low back pain.Pain. 2011; 152: 1517-1524
- Bullies at work: “midwives’ memories”.RCM Midwives Journal. 2002; 5: 290-293
- Work-related stress and work ability among Croatian university hospital midwives.Midwifery. 2011; 27: 146-153
- Conflicting ideologies as a source of emotion work in midwifery.Midwifery. 2004; 20: 261-272
- Sickness absence frequency among women working in hospital care.Occupational Medicine (London). 2009; 59: 502-505
- Sickness absence in hospital physicians: 2 year follow up study on determinants.Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 2001; 58: 361-366
- Prognostic factors for duration of sickness absence due to musculoskeletal disorders.The Clinical Journal of Pain. 2006 Feb; 22: 212-221
- Sickness absence and concurrent low back and neck–shoulder pain: results from the MUSIC-Norrtalje study.European Spine Journal. 2007 May; 16: 631-638
Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Nursing and midwifery labour force 2005. National health labour force series no 39. Canberra: AIHW; 2008. Report No.: HWL 40. Available at: http://www.aihw.gov.au/publications/index.cfm/title/10475 - detailed_tables [accessed 7.12.09].