Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Women and Birth
- Standards for Improving Quality of Maternal and Newborn Care in Health Facilities.2016
World Health Organization. Respectful maternity care during labour and childbirth. https://extranet.who.int/rhl/topics/preconception-pregnancy-childbirth-and-postpartum-care/care-during-childbirth/who-recommendation-respectful-maternity-care-during-labour-and-childbirth. (Accessed 10 December 2018).
- Routine Care for the Healthy Pregnant Woman. Antenatal Care.2011
- The mothers on respect (MOR) index: measuring quality, safety, and human rights in childbirth.SSM-Popul. Health. 2017; 3: 201-210
- The mother’s autonomy in decision making (MADM) scale: patient-led development and psychometric testing of a new instrument to evaluate experience of maternity care.PLoS One. 2017; 12e0171804
- Patient-led decision making: measuring autonomy and respect in canadian maternity care.Patient Educ. Couns. 2019; 102: 586-594
- Midwifery in the Netherlands.2012
Rijksoverheid. Rights of patients when a medical treatment is needed. https://www.rijksoverheid.nl/onderwerpen/rechten-van-patient-en-privacy/rechten-bij-een-medische-behandeling/informatie-arts--voor-medische-behandeling. (Accessed 14 December 201) 8.
- Sample size used to validate a scale: a review of publications on newly-developed patient reported outcomes measures.Health Qual. Life Outcomes. 2014; 12: 2
- A First Course in Factor Analysis.Psychology Press, 2013
World Health Organization. Process of translation and adaptation of instruments. http://www.who.int/substance_abuse/research_tools/translation/en/. (Accessed 10 December 2018).
- Psychometric Theory.2nd edit. Mcgraw-hill, Hillsdale, NJ1978
- Health Measurement Scales: a Practical Guide to Their Development and Use.Oxford University Press, USA2015
- Continuity of care by a primary midwife (caseload midwifery) increases women’s satisfaction with antenatal, intrapartum and postpartum care: Results from the COSMOS randomised controlled trial.BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. 2016; 16: 28
- The effect of primary midwife‐led care on women’s experience of childbirth: results from the COSMOS randomised controlled trial.BJOG Int. J. Obstet. Gynaecol. 2016; 123: 465-474
- MOR Guide: Tool, Scoring System and Instructions.2017
- MADM Guide: Tool, Scoring System and Instructions.2017
- Midwives’ experiences of facilitating normal birth in an obstetric-led unit: a feminist perspective.Midwifery. 2009; 25: 518-527
- Economic and personal factors affecting women’s use of nurse-midwives in michigan.Fam. Plann. Perspect. 1998; 30: 231-235
- Perinatal Care in the Netherlands, 2016.2018
- Dignity in Childbirth: the Dignity Survey 2013: Women’s and Midwives’ Experiences of Dignity in UK Maternity Care.2013
- The giving voice to mothers study: inequity and mistreatment during pregnancy and childbirth in the united states.Reprod. Health. 2019; 16: 77
- The woman’s birth experience — the effect of interpersonal relationships and continuity of care.Midwifery. 2013; 29: 407-415
- The meaning of a very positive birth experience: focus groups discussions with women.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2015; 15: 251
- Women’s suggestions for improving midwifery care in the netherlands.Birth. 2015; 42: 369-378
- Perinatal factors related to negative or positive recall of birth experience in women 3 years postpartum in the netherlands.Birth. 2008; 35: 107-116
- Client‐Related factors associated with a “Less than good” experience of midwifery care during childbirth in the netherlands.Birth. 2017; 44: 58-67
- Informed Consent in De Geboortezorg–een Kwalitatief Onderzoek.2019 (Updated 2016. (Accessed 14 June 2019))
- Women’s perceptions of informed choice in maternity care.Midwifery. 2002; 18: 136-144
- Online social networks for patient involvement and recruitment in clinical research.Nurse Res. 2013; 21: 35-39