Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Women and Birth
- Stillbirths and Neonatal Deaths in Australia 2015 and 2016: In Brief.2019
- Select Committee on Stillbirth Research and Education: Report.Commonwealth of Australia, 2018 (ISBN 978-1-76010-76882-3)
- Maternal region of birth and stillbirth in Victoria, Australia 2000–2011: a retrospective cohort study of Victorian perinatal data.PLoS One. 2017; 12e0178727
- Stillbirth in Western Australia, 2005-2013: the influence of maternal migration and ethnic origin.Med. J. Aust. 2018; 209: 394-400
- Ending preventable stillbirths among migrant and refugee populations.Med. J. Aust. 2019; 210: 488-489.e1
- Healthcare factors associated with the risk of antepartum and intrapartum stillbirth in migrants in Western Australia (2005-2013): a retrospective cohort study.PLoS Med. 2020; 17e1003061
- Stillbirth rates among Indigenous and non-Indigenous women in Queensland, Australia: is the gap closing?.BJOG. 2015; 122: 1476-1483
- Stillbirths: recall to action in high-income countries.Lancet. 2016; 387: 691-702
C. Andrews, D. Ellwood, A. Gordon, et al. Working together to reduce stillbirth in Australia: the Safer Baby Bundle initiative, Women Birth (under review).
A. Gordon, L. Chan, C. Andrews, et al. Breaking the silence: amplifying public awareness of stillbirth in Australia, Women Birth (under review).
- Evaluation of an Australian Aboriginal model of maternity care: the malabar community midwifery link service.Women Birth. 2019; 32: 427-436
- Implementing birthing on country services for aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families: RISE framework.Women Birth. 2019; 32: 466-475
- ’Partnerships are crucial’: an evaluation of the Aboriginal Family Birthing Program in South Australia.Aust. N. Z. J. Public Health. 2017; 41: 21-26
- Improving Aboriginal women’s experiences of antenatal care: findings from the Aboriginal families study in South Australia.Birth. 2015; 42: 27-37
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander maternal and child health and wellbeing: a systematic search of programs and services in Australian primary health care settings.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2014; 14: 251
- A review of the impact of antenatal care for Australian Indigenous women and attempts to strengthen these services.Matern. Child Health J. 2008; 12: 83-100
- Refugee, asylum seeker, immigrant women and postnatal depression: rates and risk factors.Arch. Womens Ment. Health. 2011; 14: 3-11
- Detection and management of mood disorders in the maternity setting: the Australian Clinical Practice Guidelines.Women Birth. 2013; 26: 2-9
- Maternal health and pregnancy outcomes among women of refugee background from Asian countries.Int. J. Gynaecol. Obstet. 2015; 129: 146-151
- How do Australian maternity and early childhood health services identify and respond to the settlement experience and social context of refugee background families?.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2014; 14: 348
- Cultural safety and belonging for refugee background women attending group pregnancy care: an Australian qualitative study.Birth. 2017; 44: 145-152
- An Australian perspective.in: Duncan J.R. Byard R.W. SIDS Sudden Infant and Early Childhood Death: The Past, the Present and the Future Adelaide (AU). University of Adelaide Press, 2018
- The Indigenous Safe Sleeping Project: Closing the Gap on Knowledge, Resources and Access in Queensland.2011
- Barriers and facilitators to smoking cessation within pregnant Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander women: an integrative review.Midwifery. 2019; 73: 49-61
- Tracking Progress Against the Implementation Plan Goals for the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Plan 2013–2023.(Cat no IHW 201 Canberra: AIHW (Viewed 19 June 2020))2019
- Household Use of Information Technology, Australia, 2016-2017.(Commonwealth of Australia; Cat. No: 8146.0,)2018
- The meaning of rituals after a stillbirth: a qualitative study of mothers with a stillborn baby.J. Clin. Nurs. 2018; 27: 1134-1142
- Stillbirths: economic and psychosocial consequences.Lancet. 2016; 387
- Maternal depression in Syrian refugee women recently moved to Canada: a preliminary study.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2017; 17: 240
- 432 Somali women’s birth experiences in Canada after earlier female genital mutilation.Birth. 2000; 27: 227-234
- Disenfranchised grief.Bereave. Care. 1999; 18: 37-39
- The experiences and needs of healthcare professionals facing perinatal death: a scoping review.Int. J. Nurs. Stud. 2017; 68: 25-39
- Men’s grief following pregnancy loss and neonatal loss: a systematic review and emerging theoretical model.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2020; 20: 11
F. Boyle, D. Horey, J. Dean, et al. Making respectful care after stillbirth a reality: the quest for parent-centred care, Women Birth (under review).
- The importance of perinatal autopsy. Review of the literature and series of cases.Rom. J. Morphol. Embryol. 2017; 58: 323-337
- Stillbirths: the way forward in high-income countries.Lancet. 2011; 377: 1703-1717
- Decisions to consent for autopsy after stillbirth: aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women’s experiences.Aust. N. Z. J. Obstet. Gynaecol. 2019; 60: 350-354
National Health and Medical Resaerch Council . Ethical Conduct in Research with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and Communities: Guidelines for Researchers and Stakeholders, Commonwealth of Australia Canberra, 2018.
- National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Plan 2013-2023.Commonwealth of Australia, Canberra2013 (ISBN: 978-1-74241-74979-4)
- Culturally Responsive Clinical Practice: Working with People from Migrant and Refugee Backgrounds.2019 (Available at: https://culturaldiversityhealth.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Culturally-responsive-clinical-practice-Working-with-people-from-migrant-and-refugee-backgrounds-Jan2019.pdf. (Accessed 31 July 2020))
- Promoting the inclusion of Afghan women and men in research: reflections from research and community partners involved in implementing a proof of concept’ project.Int. J. Equity Health. 2015; 14: 13