Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Women and Birth
- A framework for analyzing the determinants of obstetric fistula formation.Stud. Family Plan. 2012; 43: 255-272https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1728-4465.2012.00325.x
- Obstetric fistula in low- and middle-income countries. Mount Sinai.Mount Sinai J. Med. 2011; 78: 352-361
- Obstetric fistula: a challenge to public health.Indian J. Public Health. 2019; 63: 73
UNFPA, 2018. Obstetric Fistula: Retrieved from; 〈https://www.unfpa.org/obstetric-fistula〉.
- Consequences of obstetric fistula in sub-Sahara African countries, from patients’ perspective: a systematic review of qualitative studies.BMC women's health. 2018; 18: 1-12
- Childbirth experiences of women with obstetric fistula in Tanzania and Uganda and their implications for fistula program development.Int. Urogynecol. J. 2011; 22: 91-98
- Social implications of obstetric fistula: an integrative review.J. Midwifery Women's Health. 2009; 54: e21-e33
- The lived experience of Malawian women with obstetric fistula.Cult. Health Sex. 2009; 11: 499-513https://doi.org/10.1080/13691050902874777
- Rationalising fistulas: a cultural influence and response.African Womanhood and Incontinent Bodies. Springer Singapore,, 2019: 125-155https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-0565-8_5
- Obstetric fistula: existing challenge of developing countries.Brief Commun. 2018; 24: 52-55
- Living with constant leaking of urine and odour: Thematic analysis of socio-cultural experiences of women affected by obstetric fistula in rural Tanzania.BMC Women's Health. 2015; : 15https://doi.org/10.1186/s12905-015-0267-1
- Reasons for delay in seeking treatment among women with obstetric fistula in Tanzania: a qualitative study.BMC Women's Health. 2019; 93: 19https://doi.org/10.1186/s12905-019-0799-x
- Exploring the needs and challenges of women reintegrating after obstetric fistula repair in northern Ghana.Midwifery. 2017; 50: 55-61https://doi.org/10.1016/j.midw.2017.03.013
- Reintegration of women post obstetric fistula repair: experience of family caregivers.Glob. Qual. Nurs. Res. 2017; 4 (2333393617714927)
- A grounded theory of regaining normalcy and reintegration of women with obstetric fistula in Kenya.Reprod. Health. 2019; 16: 29
ICS, 2019. Obstetric fistula in the developing world: an introduction. Retrieved from 〈https://www.ics.org/./publicawareness/obstetricfistulaanintroduction〉.
- Obstetric fistula: a narrative review of the literature on preventive Interventions in Sub-Sahara Africa.Afr. J. Reprod. Health. 2016; : 118-126
Woebeogo, M., Azongo, T.B., Yakong, V. , 2016. Bio-psycho-social impact and challenges of Obstetric Fistula on women in northern Ghana. Journal of Nursing and Health Science. (DANSO, 2007).
Nuertey, B.D. , 2013. Risk factors for obstetric fistula among women seeking care in the Tamale metropolis. University of Ghana, Accra, Ghana. Available at; 〈ugspace.ug.edu.gh/handle/123456789/5525?show=fu〉.
WHO , 2018. Obstetric Fistula. Retrieved from: 〈https://www.who.int/news-room/facts-in-pictures/detail/10-facts-on-obstetric-fistula〉.
- Where should obstetric vesico-vaginal fistulas be repaired: At the district general hospital or a specialized fistula center?.Int. J. Gynecol. Obstet. 2007; 99: S28-S31
- Prevalence of obstetric fistula in Malawi.Int. J. Gynecol. Obstet. 2010; 109: 204-208https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijgo.2009.12.019
- Asymptomatic bacteriuria in pregnant women attending antenatal clinic at komfo anokye teaching hospital, kumasi, ghana.Ghana Med. J. 2007; 41: 26
- Using thematic analysis in psychology.Qual. Res. Psychol. 2008; : 77-101
Caulfield, J. , 2019, September 6. How to do thematic analysis. Retrieved from Scribbr: 〈https://www.scribbr.com/methodology/thematic-analysis/〉.
- Factors that impact the timely treatment of obstetric fistulas in Malawi: the perspective of health care providers.Afr. J. Prim. Health Care Fam. Med. 2019; 11: 1-9
Marfo, H., Hayter, M., & Larenson, M. , 2016. An integrative review on women living with obstetric fistula and after treatment experiences. University of Hull Press.
- The experience of women with obstetric fistula following corrective surgery: a qualitative study in Benadir and Mudug Regions, Somalia.Obstet. Gynecol. Int. 2018; 20185250843https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/5250843
- Experiences of women with obstetric fistula in the Bawku East District ofthe Upper East Region.University of Ghana Journal. 2010;
Aryeija, W. , 2014. Experiences, psychosocial challenges and social integration of women with obstetric fistula in selected hospitals in central and Western Uganda.
- A qualitative study of the experience of obstetric fistula survivors in Addis Ababa Ethiopia.Int. J. Women’s Health. 2014; 6: 1033-1043
- Experiences of social support among women presenting for obstetric fistula repair surgery in Tanzania.Int. J. Women's Health. 2016; 8: 429
- Social support among women with genital fistula in Uganda.Cult. Health Sex. 2022; : 1-16
- Estimating the prevalence of obstetric fistula: a systematic review and meta-analysis.BMC pregnancy and childbirth. 2013; 13: 1-14