Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Towards a conceptualisation of woman centred care — A global review of professional standards.Women Birth. 2022;
- Woman-centred or women-centred care: does it matter?.Br. J. Midwifery. 2009; 17: 12-16
- It’s what midwifery is all about”: Western Australian midwives’ experiences of being ‘with woman’ during labour and birth in the known midwife model.BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. 2019; : 29
- The development of national competency standards for the midwife in Australia.Midwifery. 2007; 23: 350-360
- Criteria to facilitate the implementation of woman-centred care in childbirth units of Limpopo Province, South Africa (Part 2).Curationis. 2013; 36: 1-7
- Woman-centered maternity nursing education and practice.J. Perinat. Educ. 2003; 12: 1
- Woman-centered care 2.0: bringing the concept into focus.Eur. J. Midwifery. 2018; 2: 5
- Midwives’ perceptions of influences on their behaviour of woman-centered care: a qualitative study.Front. Women’s Health. 2016; 1: 20-26
- Woman-centred care: an integrative review of the empirical literature.Int. J. Nurs. Stud. 2019; 94: 107-119
- Woman-centred care in childbirth: a concept analysis (Part 1).Curationis. 2013; 36: 1-8
- Woman centred care: has the definition been morphing of late?.Women Birth. 2021; 34: 1-3
Australian Government Department of Health Pregnancy Care Guidelines - Providing Woman-Centred Care. 2020.
Australian College of Midwives Definition of a midwife. 2021.
Royal College of Midwives,2011. Woman centred care-position statement. 2011; Available from: 〈http://www.rcm.org.uk/2013/11/17/EasysiteWeb/getresource.axd?AssetID=121546〉.
- Students’ understanding of ‘Women-Centred Care Philosophy’ in midwifery care through Continuity of Care (CoC) learning model: a quasi-experimental study.BMC Nurs. 2015; 14: 1-7
- Conceptualizing woman-centred care in midwifery.Can. J. Midwifery Res. Pract. 2015; 14: 8-15
- Women give birth and pizzas are delivered: language and western childbirth paradigms.J. Midwifery Women’s. Health. 2006; 51: 119-124
Rioux, C., et al., 2021. Gender-inclusive language in pregnancy-related research: Why and how to improve current practices. SOCArXiv Papaers, 2021(September).
- Qualitative synthesis: a guide to conducting a meta-ethnography.Br. J. Occup. Ther. 2018; 81: 129-137
- A methodological systematic review of meta-ethnography conduct to articulate the complex analytical phases.BMC Med. Res. Methodol. 2019; : 35
Australian College Midwives ACM Philosophy of Midwifery. 2017.
Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia, 2008. Code of ethics for midwives in Australia . 2008.
Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia Midwifery Standards for Practice 2018..
Australian College Midwives Australian College of Midwives (ACM) , 2019. Response to Woman Centred Care: Strategic Directions for Australian Maternity Services. 2019.
International Confederation Midwives, 2014. International Code of Ethics for Midwives. 2014; Available from: 〈http://www.internationalmidwives.org/〉.
International Confederation of Midwives, 2011. Global Standards for Midwifery Regulation. 2011; Available from: 〈www.internationalmidwives.org〉.
American College of Nurse - Midwives. Standards for the practice of Midwifery Division of Standards and Practice - ACNM Board of Directors 2011 [cited 2015.
Indian Nursing Council, 2015. Syllabus and Regulations. 2015.
MANA Core Competencies, 2003.Standards and Core Competencies for Licensed Midwives in New Mexico. 2003.
Nursing and Midwifery Council, 2012. Midwives Rules and Standards. 2012; Available from: 〈www.nmc.org.uk〉.
Camacho, A., S. Land, J. Thompson, 2014. Strengthening Midwifery in Latin America and the Caribbean. 2014.
- A national survey of women’s views of their maternity care in Scotland.Midwifery. 2000; 16: 303-313
World Health Organization, 2009. Global standards for the initial education of professional nurses and midwives. Nursing & Midwifery Human Resources for Health 2009; Available from: 〈http://www.who.int/hrh/nursing_midwifery/en/〉.
- ‘With woman’ philosophy: examining the evidence, answering the questions.Nurs. Inq. 2007; 14: 140-152
- Woman-centred care.Int. J. Nurs. Stud. 2001; 38: 227-238
European Midwives Association, 2021. European Midwives Association National Guidelines 2021; Available from: 〈https://www.europeanmidwives.com/about-us/european-midwives-association〉.
- Cultural safety and its importance for Australian midwifery practice.Collegian. 2010; 17: 105-111
- Culturally sensitive care during childbirth.Appl. Nurs. Res. 2000; 13: 167-172
National Maternity Review, 2015. Better Births Improving outcomes of maternity services in England. 2015; Available from: https://www.england.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/national-maternity-review-report.pdf.
International Confederation Midwives, 2021. Global Standards for Midwifery Education (revised 2021). 2021; Available from: 〈https://www.internationalmidwives.org/our-work/policy-and-practice/global-standards.html〉.
- ’A labour of love?’: Mothers and emotion work.Br. J. Midwifery. 2009; 17: 636-640
- Midwives and human rights: dream or reality?.Midwifery. 2002; 18: 188-192
O’Donohue, S. , 2021. Midwifery continuity of care: Why patients should be more vocal advocates. 2021; Available from: 〈https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2021/09/20/midwifery-continuity-of-care-why-patients-should-be-more-vocal-advocates/〉.
Royal College of Midwives, 2018. Embedding women's voices. 2018; Opinion Piece]. Available from: 〈https://www.rcm.org.uk/news-views/rcm-opinion/embedding-womens-voices/〉.
- Community-based continuity of midwifery care versus standard hospital care: a cost analysis.Aust. Health Rev. 2001; : 24
Canadian Association of Midwives, 2016. Midwifery Practice - Standards & Guidelines 2016.
UNFPA, 2015. Comprehensive Midwifery Programme Guidance 2015.
Midwives Council of Hong Kong, 2014. Handbook for Midwives. 2014.
The British Institute of Human Rights, 2016. Midwifery and Human Rights: A practitioner's guide. 2016.
- The mistreatment of women during childbirth in health facilities globally: a mixed-methods systematic review.PLoS Med. 2015; 12: 1-32
- Human rights in maternity care.Midwifery. 2015; 31: 1015-1016
Hall, J., 2012. The essence of the art of a midwife: Holistic, multidimensional meanings and experiences explored through creative inquiry. 2012.
- Emotion work in midwifery: a review of current knowledge.J. Adv. Nurs. 2001; 34: 436-444
New Zealand College of Midwives, 2016. Standards of Practice 2016.
The Royal College of Midwives, 2016. The RCM standards for midwifery services in the UK. 2016; Available from: 〈www.rcm.org.uk〉.
Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia Midwife standards for practice 2018.
Thurer, D., T. Burri, 2008. Self-Determination. Encyclopedia entries 2008; Available from: 〈http://opil.ouplaw.com/view/10.1093/law:epil/9780199231690/law-9780199231690-e873〉.
United Nations United Nations Charter 2018.
- Self-determination theory and the facilitation of intrinsic motivation, social development, and well-being.Am. Psychol. 2002; 55: 68-78
- Self-determination theory and the facilitation of intrinsic motivation social development and well-being.Am. Psychol. 2000; 55: 68-78
- Australian women's stories of their baby-feeding decisions in pregnancy.Midwifery. 2003; 19: 259-266
Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland, 2015.Practice Standards for Midwives 2015.