Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Šimonović D. A human rights-based approach to mistreatment and violence against women in reproductive health services with a focus on childbirth and obstetric violence, 2019. 〈https://digitallibrary.un.org/record/3823698〉.
- Obstetric violence: a Latin American legal response to mistreatment during childbirth.BJOG: Int. J. Obstet. Gynaecol. 2018; 125: 1208-1211
World Health Organization. The prevention and elimination of disrespect and abuse during facility-based childbirth, 2015. 〈https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/134588/WHO_RHR_14.23_eng.pdf〉.
- Disrespect and abuse of women during the process of childbirth in the 2015 Pelotas birth cohort.Reprod. Health. 2018; 15: 54
- Obstetric violence and its associated factors among postnatal women in a Specialized Comprehensive Hospital, Amhara Region, Northwest Ethiopia.BMC Res. Notes. 2019; 12: 600
- Obstetric Violence in Spain (Part I): women’s perception and interterritorial differences.Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health. 2020; 17E7726
- Obstetric violence in Mexico: results from a 2016 national household survey.Violence Women. 2020; 26: 555-572
- “If we’re here, it’s only because we have no money…” discrimination and violence in Mexican maternity wards.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2018; 18: 244
- Disrespect and abuse in childbirth in Brazil: social activism, public policies and providers’ training.Reprod. Health Matters. 2018; 26: 19-35
World Health Organization. Violence Against Women Prevalence Estimates, 2018, 2021. 〈https://apps.who.int/iris/rest/bitstreams/1347689/retrieve〉.
European Commission, What is gender-based violence? Gender-based violence, 2022. 〈https://ec.europa.eu/info/policies/justice-and-fundamental-rights/gender-equality/gender-based-violence/what-gender-based-violence_en〉 (Accessed 6 March 2022).
Borges M. A violent birth: reframing coerced procedures during childbirth as obstetric violence, 2018. 〈https://scholarship.law.duke.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=3924&context=dlj〉.
- When the baby remains there for a long time, it is going to die so you have to hit her small for the baby to come out": justification of disrespectful and abusive care during childbirth among midwifery students in Ghana.Health Policy Plan. 2017; 32: 215-224
- Changes in health sciences students’ perception of obstetric violence after an educational intervention.Nurse Educ. Today. 2020; 88104364
- La violencia obstétrica: una práctica invisibilizada en la atención médica en España.Gac. Sanit. 2021; 35: 211-212
- [The level of obstetric violence knowledge among healthcare workers].Rev. De. Obstet. Y. Ginecol. De. Venez. 2012; 72: 4-12
- Basics of Qualitative Research: Techniques and Procedures for Developing Grounded theory, Forth Ed.SAGE Publications, Los Angeles2015
- Constructivist grounded theory: characteristics and operational aspects for nursing research.Rev. Esc. Enferm. USP. 2021; : 55https://doi.org/10.1590/S1980-220×2020051103776
- Conceptualization, operationalization, and measurement.in: The SAGE Encyclopedia of Social Science Research Methods. SAGE Publications, London2004: 161-165
- The Discovery of Grounded Theory: Strategies for Qualitative Research.Routledge, London2017
- Constructing Grounded Theory: A Practical Guide through Qualitative Analysis.SAGE Publications, Thousand Oaks, Calif.2007
- Constructing Grounded Theory. 2nd ed. SAGE Publications, Los Angeles2014
- The development of constructivist grounded theory.Int. J. Qual. Methods. 2006; : 5https://doi.org/10.1177/160940690600500103
- Grounded theory research: methods and practices.in: The SAGE Handbook of Grounded Theory. SAGE Publications, London2007: 1-29
- Qualitative Research and Evaluation Methods. third ed. SAGE Publications, California2004
- Naturalistic Inquiry.SAGE Publications, Newbury Park2006
- Obstetric violence in the daily routine of care and its characteristics.Rev. Lat. Am. Enferm. 2018; 26e3069
- Why do some health care providers disrespect and abuse women during childbirth in India?.Women Birth. 2022; 35: e49-e59
- Measuring mistreatment of women during childbirth: a review of terminology and methodological approaches.Reprod. Health. 2017; 14: 138
- Improving maternal and neonatal health by a midwife-led continuity model of care – an observational study in one governmental hospital in Palestine.EClinicalMedicine. 2019; 10: 84-91
- Midwife-led continuity models versus other models of care for childbearing women.Cochrane Database Syst. Rev. 2016; 4CD004667
- Models of maternity care: evidence for midwifery continuity of care.Med J. Aust. 2016; 205: 370-374
- Moving beyond disrespect and abuse: addressing the structural dimensions of obstetric violence.Reprod. Health Matters. 2016; 24: 47-55
- Exploring Evidence for Disrespect and Abuse in Facility-Based Childbirth. Report of a Landscape Analysis.Harvard School of Public Health, Boston2010
- Information and power: Women of color’s experiences interacting with health care providers in pregnancy and birth.Soc. Sci. Med. 2019; 238112491
- Older persons’ definitions and explanations of elder abuse in the Netherlands.J. Elder. Abus. Negl. 2016; 28: 95-113
- The experiences of women, midwives and obstetricians when women decline recommended maternity care: A feminist thematic analysis.Midwifery. 2017; 52: 1-10
- Explaining obstetric interventionism: technical skills, common conceptualisations, or collective countertransference?.Women’s Stud. Int. Forum. 2008; 31: 270-277
- Rethinking maternal-fetal conflict: gender and equality in perinatal ethics.Obstet. Gynecol. 2000; 96: 786-791
- Maternal and fetal best interests in day-to-day obstetrics.Ann. Acad. Med. Singap. 2011; 40: 43-49
- Obstetric violence in Spain (Part III): healthcare professionals, times, and areas.Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health. 2021; 18: 3359
- Development of measures for assessing mistreatment of women during facility-based childbirth based on labour observations.BMJ Glob. Health. 2021; 5e004080
- Exposing obstetric violence in the Eastern Mediterranean Region: a review of women’s narratives of disrespect and abuse in childbirth.Front. Glob. Women’s Health. 2022; : 3
- Breaking the silence about obstetric violence: Body mapping women’s narratives of respect, disrespect and abuse during childbirth in Bihar, India.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2022; 22: 318
- Women’s voices on social media: the advent of feminist epidemiology?.Emerg. Themes Epidemiol. 2021; 18: 7
- Building knowledge for quality improvement in healthcare: an introductory glossary.J. Qual. Assur. 1991; 13: 8-12
- Abuse and disrespect in childbirth care as a public health issue in Brazil: origins, definitions, impacts on maternal health, and proposals for its prevention.J. Hum. Growth Dev. 2015; 25: 377-382
- Obstetric Violence in Spain (Part II): Interventionism and Medicalization during Birth.Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health. 2020; 18E199
- Experiences and impact of mistreatment and obstetric violence on women during childbearing: a systematic review protocol.JBI Database Syst. Rev. Implement. Rep. 2017; 15: 620-627
- Disrespect and abuse in maternity care: individual consequences of structural violence.Reprod. Health Matters. 2018; 26: 88-106
- Invisible wounds: obstetric violence in the United States.Reprod. Health Matters. 2016; 24: 56-64
- Barriers to implementing guideline recommendations to improve childbirth care: a rapid review of evidence.Rev. Panam. Salud Publica. 2021; 45e7
- Disrespect and abuse of women in childbirth: challenging the global quality and accountability agendas.Lancet. 2014; 384: e42-e44
- The mistreatment of women during childbirth in health facilities globally: a mixed-methods systematic review.PLoS Med. 2015; 12e1001847