Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Women's experiences of decision-making and informed choice about pregnancy and birth care: a systematic review and meta-synthesis of qualitative research.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2020; 20: 343
- What are women's mode of birth preferences and why? A systematic scoping review.Women Birth. 2020; 33: 323-333
- What women want: qualitative analysis of consumer evaluations of maternity care in Queensland, Australia.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2014; 14: 1-14
- What women value in the midwifery continuity of care model: A systematic review with meta-synthesis.Midwifery. 2018; 62: 220-229
Australian Government Department of Health, Department of Health Australia’s Future Health Workforce Report – Midwives. In: Government A, editor. Australia, 2019.
- Factors that contribute to midwives staying in midwifery: A study in one area health service in New South Wales, Australia.Midwifery. 2011; 27: 331-335
- Pain relief for childbirth: The preferences of pregnant women, midwives and obstetricians.Women Birth. 2013; 26: 33-40
- Midwives would prefer a vaginal delivery.BMJ: Br. Med. J. 1999; 319: 1008
- Vaginal delivery compared with elective caesarean section: the views of pregnant women and clinicians.BJOG: Int. J. Obstet. Gynaecol. 2008; 115: 1494-1502
- Midwives’ personal experiences of pregnancy and childbirth: Exploring issues of autonomy and agency in relation to the use of professional knowledge.Hum. Fertil. 2014; 17: 231-235
- Exploring changes in practice: when midwives and nurses become mothers. British Journal of Midwifery.. 2008; 16: 34-38
- Postnatal post-traumatic stress: An integrative review.Women Birth. 2018; 31: 367-379
- Trauma and fear in Australian midwives.Women Birth. 2019; 32: 64-71
- A socioecological model of posttraumatic stress among Australian midwives.Midwifery. 2017; 45: 7-13
- Midwives embodied knowledge of breastfeeding.MIDIRS Midwifery Dig. 2002; 12: 523-526
- Midwives as mothers, mothers as midwives.Essent. Midirs. 2011; 2: 17-21
- Birthing outside the system: Perceptions of risk amongst Australian women who have freebirths and high risk homebirths.Midwifery. 2012; 28: 561-567
- Breastfeeding-midwives’ personal experiences.Mod. Midwife. 1994; 4: 10-12
- A reflection on a home birth: thoughts of a midwife becoming a mother.Midwifery Matters. 2002; 94: 4-6
- A Midwife to Myself. AIMS.Journal. 1999; 11: 16-18
- Switching off the 'Midwife.'.Midwifery Matters. 2011; 130: 15-16
- A better midwife?.Pract. Midwife. 2010; 13: 62
- Professional: how will it change your practice?.Mod. Midwife. 1997; 7: 23-26
- Torn in two: birth decisions after a third degree tear.Essent. Midirs. 2010; 1: 47-49
- Midwife as mother, midwife as client.Midwifery Matters. 2005; 106: 18-21
- Rebirth.Midwifery Today Int Midwife. 2013; 107: 59-60
- Face to face: a midwife’s birth story.Midwifery Today Int. Midwife. 2008; 85: 26-27
- Giving birth: a midwife’s faith in birth is reborn.Midwifery Today Int. Midwife. 2004; 76: 30-31
- Choices and changes.Midwifery Matters. 2004; 102: 13-15
- Birthing Instincts or a Midwife's Intuition?.Midwifery Matters. 2016; 148: 13-15
- Never the same again.Midwives Chron. 1982; 95: 438-439
- Only connect.Midwifery Matters. 2004; 103
- Women’s experiences of birth trauma: A scoping review.Women Birth. 2021; 34: 417-424
- Understanding psychological traumatic birth experiences: A literature review.Women birth: J. Aust. Coll. Midwives. 2016; 29: 203-207
Hill E., Firth, A. Positive birth experiences: a systematic review of the lived experience from a birthing person’s perspective, 2018.
- Why do women choose homebirth in Australia? A national survey.Women Birth. 2020;
- The Mother’s Autonomy in Decision Making (MADM) scale: Patient-led development and psychometric testing of a new instrument to evaluate experience of maternity care.PloS One. 2017; 12 (e0171804-e)
- The Mothers on Respect (MOR) index: measuring quality, safety, and human rights in childbirth.SSM - population health. 3. 2017: 201-210 (C)
- Childbirth experience questionnaire (CEQ): development and evaluation of a multidimensional instrument.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2010; 10: 1-8
Qualtrics. Provo, Utah, USA: Qualtrics; 2020.
Midwives ACo, 2021. [Available from: 〈https://www.midwives.org.au/〉.
StataCorp. Stata Statistical Software: Release 17. College Station, TX: StataCorp LLC; 2021.
- Preferences regarding the mode of delivery in occupational groups of nurses and midwives.Probl. Pielęgniarstwa. 2019; 27: 149-154
- Mode of delivery among Swedish midwives and obstetricians and their attitudes towards caesarean section. Sexual & Reproductive.Healthcare. 2017; 11: 112-116
- A study on personal mode of delivery among Chinese obstetrician-gynecologists, midwives and nurses.Arch. Gynecol. Obstet. 2012; 287: 37-41
Australian Institue of Health and Welfare. Australia's mother's and babies. Canberra: AIHW; 2021.
Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Australia’s mothers and babies 2000. In: National Perinatal Statistics Unit, editor. Canberra: AIHW National Perinatal Statistics Unit; 2000.
Li Z.Z.R., Hilder L. & Sullivan E.A.; Australia’s mothers and babies 2010. In: AIHW National Perinatal Epidemiology and Statistics Unit, editor. Canberra: Australian Institute of Health and Welfare; 2012.
- Norwegian midwives and doctors have increased cesarean section rates.Acta Obstet. Gynecol. Scand. 2007; 86: 1087-1089
- Immersion in water during labour and birth.Cochrane Database Syst. Rev. 2018;
Dahlen HGe, Kumar-Hazard Be, Schmied Ve, Taylor, Francis. Birthing outside the system: the canary in the coal mine: Abingdon, Oxon New York, NY: Routledge, an imprint of the Taylor & Francis Group, 2020.; 2020.
Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Maternity care in Australia: first national report on models of care, 2021 Australian Government 2021.
- Midwife‐led continuity models versus other models of care for childbearing women.Cochrane Database Syst. Rev. 2016;
- The relationship is everything: Women’s reasons for choosing a privately practising midwife in Western Australia.Midwifery. 2015; 31: 772
Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia, Code of Professional Conduct for Nurses in Australia. Melbourne, Victoria, 2018.