Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Parents' expectations about participating in antenatal parenthood education classes.J. Perinat. Educ. 2012; 21: 11-17
- Content and presentation of content in parental education groups in Sweden.J. Perinat. Educ. 2016; 25: 87-96
- Content of antenatal care: does it prepare women for birth?.Midwifery. 2016; 39: 71-77
- Effect of childbirth education on the perceptions of childbirth and breastfeeding self-efficacy and the obstetric outcomes of nulliparous women.Health Care Women Int. 2020; 41: 188-204
- Effects of antenatal education on fear of birth, depression, anxiety, childbirth self-efficacy, and mode of delivery in primiparous pregnant women: a prospective randomized controlled study.Clin. Nurs. Res. 2021; 30: 818-829
- Does antenatal education reduce fear of childbirth?.Int Nurs. Rev. 2016; 63: 60-67
- Randomised trial of structured antenatal training sessions to improve the birth process.BJOG. 2010; 117: 921-928
- Effects of a midwife psycho-education intervention to reduce childbirth fear on women's birth outcomes and postpartum psychological wellbeing.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2015; 15: 284
- Complementary therapies for labour and birth study: a randomised controlled trial of antenatal integrative medicine for pain management in labour.BMJ Open. 2016; 6e010691
- Childbirth and parenthood education classes in Sweden. Women's opinion and possible outcomes.Acta Obstet. Gynecol. Scand. 2005; 84: 436-443
- The effect of antenatal education in small classes on obstetric and psycho-social outcomes - a systematic review.Syst. Rev. 2015; 4: 20
- Individual or group antenatal education for childbirth or parenthood, or both.Cochrane Database Syst. Rev. 2007; 3CD002869
World Health Organization. WHO recommendations non-clinical interventions to reduce unnecessary caesarean sections, 2018.
Centre for Epidemiology and Evidence. New South Wales Mothers and Babies 2019: NSW Ministry of Health, 2021.
- The concerns and interests of expectant and new parents: assessing learning needs.J. Perinat. Educ. 2006; 15: 18-27
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)--a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J. Biomed. Inf. 2009; 42: 377-381
Centre for Epidemiology and Evidence. HealthStats NSW. Sydney: NSW Ministry of Health. 2019. Available at: 〈www.healthstats.nsw.gov.au〉 (Accessed 24th June 2022.
- Evaluation of an antenatal education programme: characteristics of attenders, changes in knowledge and satisfaction of participants.Aust. N. Z. J. Obstet. Gynaecol. 1991; 31: 310-316
- Preference, knowledge and utilization of midwives, childbirth education classes and doulas among U.S. black and white women: implications for pregnancy and childbirth outcomes.Soc. Work Health Care. 2019; 58: 988-1001
Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Stillbirths and neonatal deaths in Australia 2017 and 2018. Canberra: AIHW, 2021.
Shand A.W., Lewis-Jones B., Nielsen T., et al. Birth outcomes by type of attendance at antenatal education: An observational study. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology; In press.
- Perspective of pregnant women regarding antenatal preparation: a qualitative study.Women Birth. 2019; 32: 558-563
- Information giving and education in pregnancy: a review of qualitative studies.J. Perinat. Educ. 2009; 18: 21-30
- Randomised-controlled trial of two antenatal education programmes.Midwifery. 2009; 25: 114-125
- The Modern Practice of Adult Education: From Pedagogy to Andragogy.The Adult Education Company, Cambridge1980 (Revised and Updated)