Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Women and Birth
Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, National Core Maternity Indicators 2017: Summary Report, AIWH, Canberra, 2021.
- Impact of a quality improvement project to reduce the rate of obstetric anal sphincter injury: a multicentre study with a stepped-wedge design.BJOG. 2021; 128: 584-592https://doi.org/10.1111/1471-0528.16396
- The impact of third- or fourth-degree perineal tears on the second pregnancy: a cohort study of 182,445 Scottish women.PLoS One. 2019; 14e0215180https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0215180
- Perineal techniques during the second stage of labour for reducing perineal trauma.Cochrane Database Syst. Rev. 2017; 6CD006672https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD006672.pub3
- The impact of severe perineal trauma on a woman's relationship with her child: a hidden consequence.Midwifery. 2022; 108103323https://doi.org/10.1016/j.midw.2022.103323
Institute for Healthcare Improvement, Evidence-Based Care Bundles, 2016. 〈http://www.ihi.org/Topics/Bundles/Pages/default.aspx〉, (Accessed 11 August 2022).
Women’s Healthcare Australasia, WHA CEC Perineal Protection Bundle and How to Guide, 2022. 〈https://women.wcha.asn.au/collaborate/breakthrough-collaboratives/perineal-tears/〉, (Accessed 11 August 2022).
- How a perineal care bundle impacts midwifery practice in Australian maternity hospitals: a critical, reflexive thematic analysis.Women Birth. 2022; 35: e1-e9https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wombi.2021.01.012
- The UK obstetric anal sphincter injury (OASI) care bundle: a critical review.Midwifery. 2020; 90102801https://doi.org/10.1016/j.midw.2020.102801
- Achieving respectful care for women and babies.Lancet. 2015; 385https://doi.org/10.1016/s0140-6736(15)60701-2
- Impact of a quality improvement project to reduce the rate of obstetric anal sphincter injury: a multicentre study with a stepped-wedge design: OASI care bundle.BJOG. 2022; 129: 174-175https://doi.org/10.1111/1471-0528.16885
Rogers v Whitaker, HCA 58; (1992) 175 CLR 479 F.C. 92/045, 1992.
Australian Capital Territory Government, Human Rights Act (ACT), 2004. 〈https://www.legislation.act.gov.au/View/a/2004-5/current/html/2004-5.html〉, (Accessed 11 August 2022).
State of Victoria, The Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act (Vic), 2006. 〈https://www.legislation.vic.gov.au/in-force/acts/charter-human-rights-and-responsibilities-act-2006/014〉, (Accessed 11 August 2022).
State of Queensland, Human Rights Act (Qld), 2019. 〈https://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/view/html/asmade/act-2019-005〉, (Accessed 11 August 2022).
- Does the Finnish intervention prevent obstetric anal sphincter injuries? A systematic review of the literature.BMJ Open. 2015; 5e008346https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2015-008346
- Women's experiences of the OASI Care Bundle; a package of care to reduce severe perineal trauma.Int. Urogynecol. J. 2021; 32: 1807-1816https://doi.org/10.1007/s00192-020-04653-2
- Perineal injury associated with hands on/hands poised and directed/undirected pushing: a retrospective cross-sectional study of non-operative vaginal births, 2011-2016.Int. J. Nurs. Stud. 2018; 83: 11-17https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2018.04.002
- Severe perineal trauma is rising, but let us not overreact.Midwifery. 2015; 31: 1-8https://doi.org/10.1016/j.midw.2014.09.004
- Position in the second stage of labour for women without epidural anaesthesia.Cochrane Database Syst. Rev. 2017; 5CD002006https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD002006.pub4
- Does episiotomy always equate to violence in obstetrics? Routine and selective episiotomy in obstetric practice and legal questions.Eur. Rev. Med. Pharmacol. Sci. 2019; 23: 1847-1854https://doi.org/10.26355/eurrev_201903_17219
- Obstetric violence in the daily routine of care and its characteristics.Rev. Lat. Am. Enferm. 2018; 26e3069https://doi.org/10.1590/1518-8345.2450.3069
- Reflecting on reflexive thematic analysis.Qual. Res. Sport Exerc. Health. 2019; 11: 589-597https://doi.org/10.1080/2159676x.2019.1628806
- What can “thematic analysis” offer health and wellbeing researchers?.Int. J. Qual. Stud. Health Well-being. 2014; 9https://doi.org/10.3402/qhw.v9.26152
State of Queensland, Queensland Perinatal Statistics 2019, Queensland Health, Brisbane, 2020.
State of Queensland, Births by Hospital, Open Data Portal, 2019. 〈https://www.data.qld.gov.au/dataset/1013d0db-f38d-4dff-a3df-7f8078162b19/resource/d3d0feaa-8929-4cb6-9fd7-eb9f40f21bcb/download/bdm-births-by-hospital-2019.csv〉.
- Purposeful sampling for qualitative data collection and analysis in mixed method implementation research.Adm. Policy Ment. Health. 2015; 42: 533-544https://doi.org/10.1007/s10488-013-0528-y
- Can sample size in qualitative research be determined a priori?.Int. J. Soc. Res. Methodol. 2018; 21: 619-634https://doi.org/10.1080/13645579.2018.1454643
- To saturate or not to saturate? Questioning data saturation as a useful concept for thematic analysis and sample-size rationales.Qual. Res. Sport Exerc. Health. 2021; 13: 201-216https://doi.org/10.1080/2159676x.2019.1704846
- The SAGE Dictionary of Qualitative Inquiry. third ed. SAGE Publications, Inc, Thousand Oaks, CA2007
- Thematic analysis: Striving to meet the trustworthiness criteria.Int. J. Qual. Methods. 2017; 16https://doi.org/10.1177/1609406917733847
- The experiences of women, midwives and obstetricians when women decline recommended maternity care: a feminist thematic analysis.Midwifery. 2017; 52: 1-10https://doi.org/10.1016/j.midw.2017.05.006
C. Hirst, Rebirthing: Report of the Review of Maternity Services in Queensland, Queensland Department of Health, Brisbane, Queensland, 2005.
- From coercion to respectful care: women’s interactions with health care providers when planning a VBAC.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2022; 22: 70https://doi.org/10.1186/s12884-022-04407-6
- What women want: qualitative analysis of consumer evaluations of maternity care in Queensland, Australia.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2014; 14: 366https://doi.org/10.1186/s12884-014-0366-2
State of Queensland (Queensland Health), Rural Maternity Taskforce Report. 2019. 〈https://clinicalexcellence.qld.gov.au/priority-areas/patient-experience/maternity-service-improvement/rural-maternity〉, (Accessed 11 August 2022).
World Health Organisation, Prevention and Elimination of Disrespect and Abuse during Facility-based Childbirth, 2014. 〈https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/134588/WHO_RHR_14.23_eng.pdf〉, (Accessed 11 August 2022).
D. Simonovic, UN Human Rights Council Special Rapporteur on Violence against Women, UN Secretary General, A Human-rights Based Approach to Mistreatment and Violence Against Women in Reproductive Health Services with A Focus on Childbirth and Obstetric Violence, Report of the Special Rapporteur on Violence against Women, its Causes and Consequences, United Nations, New York, NY, 2019.
Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, Background Paper on the Role of the Judiciary in Addressing the Harmful Gender Stereotypes Related to Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: A Review of the Case Law, Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, Geneva, 2018.
- Bioethics, human rights and childbirth.Health Hum. Rights. 2015; 17: 43-51https://doi.org/10.2307/healhumarigh.17.1.43
- “At least your baby is healthy” Obstetric violence or disrespect and abuse in childbirth occurrence worldwide: a literature review.Open J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2020; 10: 1544-1562https://doi.org/10.4236/ojog.2020.10110139
- A longitudinal study of women's memories of their childbirth experiences at five years postpartum.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2014; 14: 221https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2393-14-221
- Just another day in a woman’s life? Part II: Nature and consistency of women’s long‐term memories of their first birth experiences.Birth. 1992; 19: 64-81https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1523-536X.1992.tb00382.x
- A longitudinal study of women's memory of labour pain--from 2 months to 5 years after the birth.BJOG. 2009; 116: 577-583https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1471-0528.2008.02020.x
- Integrating trauma-informed care into maternity care practice: conceptual and practical issues.J. Midwifery Women’s Health. 2017; 62: 661-672https://doi.org/10.1111/jmwh.12674
- Ethical oversight in quality improvement and quality improvement research: new approaches to promote a learning health care system.BMC Med. Ethics. 2015; 16: 63https://doi.org/10.1186/s12910-015-0056-2
- Queensland's new Human Rights Act and the right to access health services.Med. J. Aust. 2020; https://doi.org/10.5694/mja2.50558