Abbreviations:BSOTS (Birmingham Symptom-specific Obstetric Triage System), MAC (Maternity Assessment Centre)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Birmingham Symtom Specific Obstetric Triage System Training Manual: For Midwives and Obstetricians.Birmingham Women’s and Children’s NHS Foundation Trust and University of Birmingham, 2017
- The design and implementation of an obstetric triage system for unscheduled pregnancy related attendances: a mixed methods evaluation.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2017; 17https://doi.org/10.1186/s12884-017-1503-5
- Triage of pregnant women in the emergency department: evaluation of a triage decision aid.Emerg. Med. J. 2013; 30: 117-122https://doi.org/10.1136/emermed-2011-200752
National Institute for Health Care Excellence, Safe Midwifery Staffing for Maternity Settings; NICE Guideline NG4 2015. Available from: 〈https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng4/chapter/1-Recommendations〉.
- Obstetric triage scales; a narrative review.Arch. Acad. Emerg. Med. 2019; 7e13
- Obstetric triage: a systematic review of the past fifteen years: 1998-2013.MCN Am. J. Matern. Child Nurs. 2014; 39: 284-297https://doi.org/10.1097/nmc.0000000000000069
- Obstetric triage systems: a systematic review of measurement properties (Clinimetric).BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2020; 20https://doi.org/10.1186/s12884-020-02974-0
- Implementation of an obstetric triage decision aid into a maternity assessment unit and emergency department.Women Birth. 2022; 35: e275-e285https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wombi.2021.06.001
Birmingham Women’s and Children’s NHS Foundation Trust, University of Birmingham, Birmingham Symptom Specific Obtetric Triage System (BSOTS): Training Manual for Midwives and Obstetricians. Birmingham, 2017.
Western Health, Women's Services DG-CC2 Maternity Triage–Maternity Assessment Centre Departmental Procedure/Guideline. Melbourne: Western Health 2022.
- Using thematic analysis in psychology.Qual. Res. Psychol. 2006; 3: 77-101https://doi.org/10.1191/1478088706qp063oa
- Innovation sustainability in challenging health-care contexts: embedding clinically led change in routine practice.Health Serv. Manag. Res. 2012; 25: 190-199https://doi.org/10.1177/0951484812474246
- Implementation science in maternity care: a scoping review.Implement. Sci. 2021; 16https://doi.org/10.1186/s13012-021-01083-6
Birmingham Women’s and Children’s NHS Foundation Trust, New Obstetric Triage System Launched Across the NHS Birmingam: Birmingham Women’s and Children’s NHS Foundation Trust, 2021. Available from: 〈https://bwc.nhs.uk/news/new-obstetric-triage-system-launched-across-the-nhs-3237/〉.