Problem and background
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Women and Birth
Anna-Maria, A.-M. , 2018. Birth Doula Sydney. Birth Doula. 〈https://www.annamaria.com.au/anna-maria/doula-sydney〉.
BCAAFC, 2018. Doula Services Grant for Aboriginal Families. BC Association of Aboriginal Friendship Centres. 〈http://www.bcaafc.com/index.php/initiatives/doula-support-program/faq-s〉.
Beets, V.D. , 2014. The emergence of US hospital- based doula programs [Degree of Doctor of Philosophy]. University of South Carolina.
Bey, A., Brill, A., Porchia-Albert, C., Gradilla, M., Strauss, N. , 2019. ADVANCING BIRTH JUSTICE: Community-Based Doula Models as a Standard of Care for Ending Racial Disparities (p. 33). ANCIENT SONG, DOULA SERVICES VILLAGE, BIRTH INTERNATIONAL EVERY MOTHER COUNTS.
Birth for Humankind, 2020. Birth for humankind. Birth for Humankind. 〈https://birthforhumankind.org/〉.
Birthing on Country , 2021. Birthing on Country | Projects | Caring for Mum on Country. Birthing on Country. 〈https://www.birthingoncountry.com/caring4mum〉.
- Continuous support for women during childbirth (review).Cochrane Database Syst. Rev. 2017; 7: 1-4
- Being a good relative: Indigenous doulas reclaiming cultural knowledge to improve health and birth outcomes in Manitoba.Front. Women’s Health. 2018; 3https://doi.org/10.15761/FWH.1000157
Congress Alukura , 2014. Minymaku kutju tjukurpa- women’s business manual (5th ed.). Centre for Remote Health. 〈http://remotephcmanuals.com.au/html/About_WBM〉.
Danila Dilba Medical Service,1998. Danila dilba: Biluru butji binnilutlum medical service- women’s business meeting Darwin Nov 2–3 1998 report & recommendations. Danila Dilba Medical Service; Territory Health Service; ATSIC.
Department of Health , 2011. Provision of maternity care. 〈https://www1.health.gov.au/internet/publications/publishing.nsf/Content/pacd-maternityservicesplan-toc∼pacd-maternityservicesplan-chapter3#The%20maternity%20workforce〉.
Department of Health & Families, 2009. Strong Women Strong Babies Strong Culture Program: Information for Strong Women Workers, government and non government professionals. DHF Maternal, Child and Youth Health Program.
DONA, 2017. Birth Doula Code of Ethics and Scope of Practice. DONA.
Essential Baby , 2011. How much does a doula cost—Doulas & Midwives—Essential Baby. Essential Baby Forums. 〈http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/index.php?/topic/930785-how-much-does-a-doula-cost/〉.
FSD, 2018. Full Spectrum Doulas. 〈http://www.fullspectrumdoulas.org/〉.
- Impact of doulas on healthy birth outcomes.J. Perinat. Educ. 2013; 22: 49-58https://doi.org/10.1891/1058-1243.22.1.49
- Case study research: foundations and methodological orientations.Forum Qual. Soz. / Forum: Qual. Soc. Res. 2017; 18: 1-17
- Caring for mum on country: exploring the transferability of the birthing on country RISE framework in a remote multilingual Northern Australian context.Women Birth. 2020; 0https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wombi.2020.09.017
- Indigenous Doulas: a literature review exploring their role and practice in western maternity care.Midwifery. 2019; 75: 52-58https://doi.org/10.1016/j.midw.2019.04.005
- Birthing on Country for the best start in life: Returning childbirth services to Yolŋu mothers, babies and communities in North East Arnhem, Northern Territory.Med. J. Aust. 2022; 217: 5-8https://doi.org/10.5694/mja2.51586
Kavanagh, S. (n.d.). Vision Backcasting: How to design transformational Education & Package the Pursuit of Knowledge. Kaospilot. Retrieved 31 January 2019, from 〈https://shop.kaospilot.dk/images/shopdownloadfiles/A&CFLS%20-%20Vision%20backcasting%20framework%20INSTRUCTIONS.pdf〉.
Kildea, S. , 1999. And the Women Said.Reporting on Birthing Services For Aboriginal Women From Remote Top End Communities. Government Printer of the Northern Territory.
- Implementing birthing on Country services for aboriginal and torres strait islander families: RISE framework.Women Birth: J. Aust. Coll. Midwives. 2019; 32: 466-475https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wombi.2019.06.013
Lowell, A., Kildea, S., Esden, T. , 2008. Strong women, Strong Babies, Strong Culture Program: A participatory evaluation. Charles Darwin University and the Northern Territory Department of Health and Families.
Mahoney, M., Mitchell, L. , 2016. The Doulas Radical care for pregnant people (Ist). First Feminist Press Chain.
- Closing the gap in a generation: Health equity through action on the social determinants of health.Lancet. 2008; 372: 1661-1669https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(08)61690-6
Morton, C.H., Clift, E.G. , 2014. Birth Ambassadors Doulas and the re-emergence of woman-supported birth in America. Praeclarus Press.
Northern Territory Birthing Review Task Force, 1992). Review of birthing services in the Northern Territory of Australia- commissioned by the Northern Territory Women’s Advisory Council. Dept. of Health and Community Services.
ONE20 Productions, 2021. DJÄKAMIRR THE DOCUMENTARY. Birthing on Country- DJÄKAMIRR. 〈https://www.birthingoncountry.com/djakamirr〉.
- Past and future of backcasting: the shift to stakeholder participation and a proposal for a methodological framework.Futures. 2006; 38: 1027-1045https://doi.org/10.1016/j.futures.2006.02.010
SFGH Doulas, 2018. San Francisco General Hospital Doula Volunteer. San Francisco General Hospital Doula Volunteer. 〈http://www.sfghdoulas.org〉.
- Content analysis and thematic analysis: Implications for conducting a qualitative descriptive study.Nurs. Health Sci. 2013; 15: 398-405https://doi.org/10.1111/nhs.12048
Zoila Perez, M., 2012). The radical doula guide. A political primer for full spectrum pregnancy and childbirth support. Self-published.