Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- What matters to women during childbirth: a systematic qualitative review.PLoS One. 2018; 13e0194906
- The birth experience and women's postnatal depression: a systematic review.Midwifery. 2016; 39: 112-123
- Childbirth and symptoms of postpartum depression and anxiety: a prospective birth cohort study.Arch. Women’s. Ment. Health. 2016; 19: 219-227
- Does a traumatic birth experience have an impact on future reproduction?.BJOG. 2002; 109: 254-260
- Quality of care for pregnant women and newborns—the WHO vision.BJOG. 2015; 122: 1045-1049
- Childbirth policies and practices in Ireland and the journey towards midwifery-led care.Midwifery. 2007; 23: 92-101
- Woman-centred care during pregnancy and birth in Ireland: thematic analysis of women’s and clinicians’ experiences.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2017; 17: 322
Healthcare Pricing Office, Health Service Executive. Perinatal Statistics Report, 2017. Dublin, 2020.
National Women and Infants Health Programme. Irish Maternity Indicator System National Report 2020. Ireland: National Women and Infants Health Programme, 2021. 〈https://www.hse.ie/eng/about/who/acute-hospitals-division/woman-infants/national-reports-on-womens-health/irish-maternity-indicator-system-national-report-2020.pdf〉.
Central Statistics Office. Vital Statistics Annual Report 2017: Births 2017. Dublin, 2019. 〈https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/ep/p-vsar/vitalstatisticsannualreport2017/births2017/#:∼:text=The%20highest%20number%20of%20births%20in%202017%20was%20recorded%20in,13.2%25%20of%20all%20births%20respectively〉.
Meaney S.B.A., Corcoran P., Greene RA on behalf of the Designated Midwifery Officers. Planned Home Births in Ireland Annual Report 2017; HSE National Home Birth Service provided by Self Employed Community Midwives. Cork, 2020.
- Creating a Better Future Together: National Maternity Strategy 2016-2026.Department of Health, Dublin2016
BabiesBornBetter.org. Babies Born Better; Improving Childbirth Experiences. 2020. 〈https://www.babiesbornbetter.org/〉 (accessed 1 May 2022).
- Content analysis and thematic analysis: implications for conducting a qualitative descriptive study.Nurs. amp; Health Sci. 2013; 15: 398-405
- Optimising childbirth in croatia – mothers’ perceptions of the best experience and their suggestions for change.Cent. Eur. J. Paed. 2017; 13: 117-129
- Mothers’ perceptions of their birth experience in greece: could we do any better than that? Research analysis of the babies born better survey for Greece.Int J. Prenat. Life Sci. 2020; : 1-60
- Women's agenda for the improvement of childbirth care: evaluation of the babies born better survey data set in Spain.Birth. 2020; 47: 365-377
- What women emphasise as important aspects of care in childbirth – an online survey.BJOG. 2021;
- Findings from the Italian babies born better survey.Minerva Ginecol. 2018; 70: 663-675
Heidi P., Marci L., Yael B. Between Expectancy and Experience: Testing a Model of Childbirth Satisfaction. Psychology of women quarterly 2019.
The National Maternity Experience Survey. National Maternity Experience Survey: Findings of the National Maternity Experience Survey 2020. Dublin, 2020.〈https://yourexperience.ie/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/National-Maternity-Experience-Survey-results.pdf〉.
- The giving voice to mothers study: inequity and mistreatment during pregnancy and childbirth in the United States.Reprod. Health. 2019; 16: 1
- Transforming intrapartum care: respectful maternity care.Best. Pract. Res. Clin. Obstet. Gynaecol. 2020; 67: 113-126
- Women's experiences of water immersion during labour and childbirth in a hospital setting in Ireland: a qualitative study.Midwifery. 2022; 103278
Health Information and Quality Authority. Overview report of HIQA’s monitoring programme against the National Standards for Safer Better Maternity Services, with a focus on obstetric emergencies. Dublin, Ireland., 2020. 〈https://www.hiqa.ie/sites/default/files/2020–02/Maternity-Overview-Report.pdf〉.
- National Maternity Strategy: Revised Implementation Plan 2021-2026.Department of Health, Dublin2021
National Women and Infants Health Programme. Irish Maternity Indicator System National Report 2019. Dublin, 2020. 〈https://www.hse.ie/eng/about/who/acute-hospitals-division/woman-infants/national-reports-on-womens-health/imis-national-report-2019.pdf〉.
Health Service Executive National Breastfeeding Implementation Group. The Mapping Project 2017: Report of the review of breastfeeding resources in Maternity Hospitals/Units and Community Health Organisations. Dublin, 2017. 〈https://www.hse.ie/file-library/mapping-report.pdf〉.
- Minister Donnelly Prioritises Supports for Mothers to Breastfeed.Department of Health, Dublin2021
- The effect of mother-infant skin-to-skin contact immediately after birth on exclusive breastfeeding: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J. Turk. -Ger. Gynecol. Assoc. 2020; 21: 46-56
- Early maternal-newborn contact and positive birth experience.Birth. 2019; 46: 42-50
- Evaluation of biases in self-reported demographic and psychometric information: traditional versus Facebook-based surveys.arXiv pre-Print. Serv. 2019;