Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Improvement of maternal and newborn health through midwifery.Lancet. 2014; 384: 1226-1235
- Midwife‐led continuity models versus other models of care for childbearing women.Cochrane Libr. 2016;
- The ‘know your midwife’scheme—a randomised trial of continuity of care by a team of midwives.Midwifery. 1989; 5: 11-16
- The effect of primary midwife‐led care on women's experience of childbirth: results from the COSMOS randomised controlled trial.BJOG: Int. J. Obstet. Gynaecol. 2016; 123: 465-474
- The motivation and capacity to go ‘above and beyond’: Qualitative analysis of free-text survey responses in the [email protected] NGO randomised controlled trial of caseload midwifery.Midwifery. 2017; 50: 148-156
- Does continuity of carer matter to women from minority ethnic groups?.Midwifery. 2000; 16: 145-154
- Journey to confidence: women's experiences of pain in labour and relational continuity of care.J. Midwifery Women’s Health. 2010; 55: 234-242
- Normal birth, magical birth: the role of the 36-week birth talk in caseload midwifery practice.Midwifery. 2010; 26: 211-221
- Midwifery Continuity of Care.Elsevier, 2019
N. England, National Maternity Review. Better Births; Improving Outcomes of Maternity Services in England. NHS England, London, 2016.
H.A.S.C.I.D.S. Government The best start: maternity and neonatal care plan executive summary, 2017.
N. England, The NHS long term plan. NHS England London, 2019.
- The Epidemiology, Etiology, and Costs of Preterm Birth. Seminars in Fetal and Neonatal Medicine.Elsevier,, 2016: 68-73
- How optimal caseload midwifery can modify predictors for preterm birth in young women: Integrated findings from a mixed methods study.Midwifery. 2016; 41: 30-38
G.K. Freeman, J. Car, Continuity of care 2006: what have we learned since 2000 and what are policy imperatives now, Imperial college, 2007.
- Midwifery Continuity of Care: A Practical Guide.Elsevier Health Sciences, 2019
- An investigation of the relationship between the caseload model of midwifery for socially disadvantaged women and childbirth outcomes using routine data–a retrospective, observational study.Midwifery. 2015; 31: 409-417
- Threatened preterm labour: women's experiences of risk and care management: a qualitative study.Midwifery. 2018; 64: 85-92
- Midwifery continuity of care versus standard maternity care for women at increased risk of preterm birth: A hybrid implementation–effectiveness, randomised controlled pilot trial in the UK.PLoS medicine. 2020; 171003350
- Experiences of maternity care among women at increased risk of preterm birth receiving midwifery continuity of care compared to women receiving standard care: Results from the POPPIE pilot trial.PloS one. 2021; 16 (https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0248588)0248588
A. Bowling, Research methods in health: investigating health and health services, McGraw-Hill Education (UK), 2014.
- Qualitative research method-interviewing and observation.J. Basic Clin. Pharm. 2014; 5: 87
- Reflexivity in midwifery research: the insider/outsider debate.Midwifery. 2012; 28: 52-60
- Thematic analysis.Qual. Res Clin. Health Psychol. 2014; 24: 95-114
- Quality and trustworthiness in qualitative research in counseling psychology.J. Couns. Psychol. 2005; 52: 250
- To saturate or not to saturate? Questioning data saturation as a useful concept for thematic analysis and sample-size rationales.Qual. Res. Sport, Exerc. Health. 2021; 13: 201-216
- Desperately seeking dissonance: identifying the disconfirming case in qualitative evidence synthesis.Qual. Health Res. 2013; 23: 126-141
- Parents' experiences of midwifery students providing continuity of care.Midwifery. 2012; 28: 372-378
- Women's experiences of home visits by midwives in the early postnatal period.Midwifery. 2016; 39: 57-62
- Women's views about maternity care: how do women conceptualise the process of continuity?.Midwifery. 2015; 31: 25-30
- Satisfaction with team midwifery care for low‐and high‐risk women: a randomized controlled trial.Birth. 2003; 30: 1-10
- Continuity of care by a primary midwife (caseload midwifery) increases women’s satisfaction with antenatal, intrapartum and postpartum care: results from the COSMOS randomised controlled trial.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2016; 16: 28
- A metasynthesis of midwife-led care.Qual. Health Res. 2012; 22: 897-910
- Understanding the 'work' of caseload midwives: a mixed-methods exploration of two caseload midwifery models in Victoria, Australia.Women Birth: J. Aust. Coll. Midwives. 2016; 29: 223-233
- A qualitative study of how caseload midwifery is constituted and experienced by Danish midwives.Midwifery. 2016; 36: 61-69
- Continuity of care matters.BMJ: Br. Med. J. (Online). 2008; : 337
- Continuity of care: a multidisciplinary review.Bmj. 2003; 327: 1219-1221
- Midwifery continuity of carer in an area of high socio-economic disadvantage in London: a retrospective analysis of Albany Midwifery Practice outcomes using routine data (1997–2009).Midwifery. 2017; 48: 1-10
- Women from refugee backgrounds and their experiences of attending a specialist antenatal clinic. Narratives from an Australian setting.Women Birth: J. Aust. Coll. Midwives. 2013; 26: 260-266
- An overview of the first ‘no exit’midwifery group practice in a tertiary maternity hospital in Western Australia: outcomes, satisfaction and perceptions of care.Women Birth. 2016; 29: 494-502
- Does the way maternity care is provided affect maternal and neonatal outcomes for young women? A review of the research literature.Women Birth. 2012; 25: 54-63
- A qualitative exploration of the creation of calm in a continuity of carer model of maternity care in London.Midwifery. 2009; 25: 613-621
- Central concepts in the midwife–woman relationship.Scand. J. Caring Sci. 2007; 21: 220-228
- Psychological entropy: a framework for understanding uncertainty-related anxiety.Psychol. Rev. 2012; 119: 304
- Preterm birth and social support during pregnancy: a systematic review and meta‐analysis.Paediatr. Perinat. Epidemiol. 2015; 29: 523-535